Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- References may be in any widely-recognized citation format (namely, Chicago, APA, APSA, MLA, etc.) Regardless of the format, specific page numbers must be listed for cited material that is paginated.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- We encourage the use of section headers and abstracts to guide our editors and readership and these features are required on submissions longer than 20 pages.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.